Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stephen Gill inspired investigetion

Orange Squash

In this project I used a hammer, a tripod, sheets of paper, stones, orange pieces and a camera. It was a windy day and so I had to use rocks to hold the piece of paper in place. This effected the pictures because I had to zoom in more so that the rocks couldn't be seen. I would get the hammer and then hit the oranges, some very hard and some not so hard. The tripod was very useful in this experiment because it held the camera still and over the oranges so that it could get the whole of the juice created.
This project is about chance. We don't know where the juice is going to go and so we want to find out. This is what engages the viewer to these photos. Here are the photos that I took.


The orange in this picture was not hit hard which meant that the juice travelled less and a lot of it went in one direction.
The orange in this picture was hit very hard which meant that the juice travelled farther and all around it.





I did have a problem because The way that I hit the orange pieces with the hammer meant that I was controlling the direction of the juice. Because of this I got a flat stone and put it on top of the orange and then hit the stone with a hammer. This was much better because the juice went in lots of different directions then.


I enjoyed doing this project because I liked smashing the oranges and I liked finding out what would happen to the juice.

Orange Peel
This project was inspired by Stephen Gill A Series Of Dissapointment.


For this project I went into the school cafe at lunch, had lunch and asked my friends if they could peel their oranges and give the peel to me. I then got the orange peel, put it on a white peice of paper and took a photograph.




This project is demonstrating the chance in a series of disappiontments but with orange peels, what is normally thrown away and isn't expected to be seen is photographed. I did't ask the people to peel the orange and give it to me before they peeled it because this could effect how they would peel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment