Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Rodchenko

Rodchenko was one of the most versatile constructivist and productivity's. He was a Russian artist, sculptor, photographer and graphic designer. He made collages of the Russian revolution.

Sich as in this photo Rodchenko combines the dynamic vertiginous axis and strict geometrical shapes. Rodchenko was one of the leading constructivist, and turned away from painting to photography, furniture and poster design.

This photo is a portrait of a writer/critic who works for one of the magazines which Rodchankos work appeared in. I thought this photo would be good to do my experiment on because it's a portrait and because I have a portrait of myself I thought that it would be good to compare them afterwards.


The point in this experiment was to see if, by using photoshop, I could manipulate my portrait to look like the guy that  Rodchenko has manipulated. I enjoyed doing this because it made me think about how we can manipulate loads of things to look like something else. I found it hard to put the glasses on my face because it was hard to rub out the middles of the glasses without rubbing out the frame of the glasses. I have made this experiment my own by writing my name in the middle of the left glasses.

I think overall Rodchenko is a great artist because he changed the future with his new experiment by manipulating photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment