Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Idris Khan

Idris Khan is an architectural photographer. He photographs industrial structures that represents modern engineering. He then repeats the image putting one image on top of the image. His work is digitally layered and super-imposed which gives the effect of the image being blurred.
Idris works in mechanised media and his images are of industrial subjects such as this photo of the house. It has a ghostly outline and densley compacted detail.


I like his work becasue the way that he has minipulated this photo is very clever. The blurriness of the photo makes them look as if they are alien but they could be the future of photography.

For my experiment I used a portrait of myself. I was trying to manipulate my photo so that it would look like an Idris Khan experiment. Here is the portrait photo that I was using.
I then made 30 layers of this one photo. I changed the opacity of all of them to 50 except for the last one so that it could still be seen. I then moved some of the photos on top the slightest bit in all directions. I then moved aome of the photos more in all directions. I then moved the rest in all directions. Thgis would make the effect of the Idris Khan building photos put with my portrait.
I enjoyed doing this experiment because it could work with any object. It is easy to do and interseting to see what the end product is.

No comments:

Post a Comment