Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shutter Speed and Aperture

Shutter Speed and Exposure Aperture

In this experiment I will be adjusting the shutter speed and aperture settings on my camera to find out the effect of them on my photos. In these pictures the first letter is for the shutter speed: L is long shutter speed and H is a short shutter speed. The second letter is for aperture: L is for low aperture and H is for high aperture. I moved the light at about the same speed so the experiment should be fair. I used the same shutter speeds for the two photos each: 30 seconds and 1/100. I also used the same aperture for the two photos each so that I could compare them equally: F5.6 and 36.
This photo is very clear because it has a long shutter speed so it captures all the movements of the light and a low aperture so that the light is bright. The camera even caught the movements inbetween and after because of the low aperture. This is the best picture of the lot because it shows the letters clearly.

 This photo isn't clear because it has a high aperture and so didn't capture much of the light. It shows clearly were I stopped the light becuase I spent longer holding the light there and so it made it brighter.

 This photo was with a short shutter speed and low aperture and so I couldn't move the light to make a H and a L. The camera captures the light and shows it clearly but the short shutter speed meant I couldn't do anything with the light.

 This picture was with a short shutter speed and a high aperture and so I couldn't move the light around and the camera didn't make the light bright enough to be seen.
All of these photos underneath were taken with a high exposure and a long shutter speed to show what wonderful things we can do with these settings and light. I can write words.
 Make shapes.
And be in three places at once.

To get this photo, I pressed the shutter, stood to the right and shone a light on my face. I then turned the light off, took a step backwards and turned the light back on. I repeated this step once more. Because I shone a light on my face, the light also shone onto the wall and so the wall is seen on the photo. I didn't keep the light on my face for long because I would have run out of time to get all three. This meant that I look ghostly and almost see through.

I enjoyed doing this project because it was interesting to see what different things that I could do with this project. It has taught me about shutter speed and aperture and the possibilities that can happen with them.  

1 comment:

  1. brilliant! Organised, logical and excellent idea with initials. Legend!

    ReplyDelete